Welcome to Our Seaweed Shop
Farms • Vegetable Gardens • Landscapes • Flowerbeds • Vineyards
We are proud to present our new seasonal harvests of RegenSea™ and Kelp Fertilizer Blend™ which are both now available for retail and wholesale purchases below. These local community-based products are made of only pure organic ingredients that have been harvested by hand and created with local labor and traditional low-carbon processing techniques. All of our products are approved for use on farms, home vegetable gardens, vineyards, landscapes and flowerbeds of all kinds.
The benefits of kelp meal for your soil are guaranteed and have been recognized and celebrated by cultures around the world for many thousands of years. Kelp meal is a rich source of micronutrients that plants need to grow well and also supplies essential macronutrients that are needed to maintain healthy soil. Particularly high in potassium, kelp meal adds organic matter to the soil to enhance plant nutrition and improve resistance to stress. Due to the slow breakdown of kelp meal over time, benefits may be observed for years after the initial application. Some additional benefits of kelp meal include:
- Vegetables fertilized with kelp meal or liquid kelp grow larger and are less likely to become soft after harvesting.
- Flowers grown with kelp fertilizer produce more and larger blooms, which typically last longer as cut flowers.
- Kelp fertilizer makes all plants stronger and healthier and better able to resist diseases and pests.
- Plant roots fed with kelp grow faster, branch better and develop greater mass.
- Kelp fertilizer not only provides unique nutrients for your plants but also makes them better able to extract additional nutrition from the surrounding soil on their own.
- Kelp meal contains ample Cytokine. The Cytokine hormone mobilizes nutrients in plant leaves to improve the chlorophyll content, and increase the growth rate and fullness of plants.
- Since our kelp meal is harvested from the ocean and made of algae, it is suitable for veganic gardens.
The Montauk Seaweed Supply Company is fully licensed and certified by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets as the only commercial fertilizer distributor in the state to produce organic soil amendment products using local ingredients from the sea. We work closely with sea grass experts from the Cornell Cooperative Extension as well as marine life specialists at the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. These strong relationships help us ensure that all of our practices and procedures are performed in the most sustainable fashion possible using the best available science under the precise letter of the law.